Monday, April 6, 2009

The Search For James Moore (Family History Part 4)

(This is part 4. If you have missed reading a part, please read all the parts or you may get confused.)

After I found out that Burton Herman Moore was my Great Great Grandfather, I wanted to find out the name of his father. I posted a message on Genealogy.com, and actually received a response back from a great grandson of Burton Herman Moore. His name was Don Clark. Don told me that he had been researching the Moore Family for 20 years. Don told me to look at the 1860 Census Records for Sullivan County, TN. Listed in that Census we find Burton Moore living with his parents James and Sarah Moore. James Moore was born about 1834 in North Carolina. Don said that family tradition states that James Moore joined the Tennessee confederacy in 1861. He marched off and was never heard from again.

Here is a link to the census:

http://www.tngenweb.org/sullivan/census/18/096.htm#688


Stay tuned for more......

No comments: