Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Search for James Moore (Family History Part 6)

The 1860 Census of Sullivan County, TN. is :

James Moore (My GGG Grandfather): Age 26; Born in North Carolina

Sarah Moore: Age 29; Born in Tennessee

Martha Moore: Age 13; Born in Tennessee

Burton Moore (My GG Grandfather): Age 9; Born in Tennessee

Sarah Jane: Age 7; Born in Tennessee

John H. Moore: Age 4; Born in Tennessee

Mary Moore: Age 2; Born in Tennessee

Betty Moore: Age 1; Born in Tennessee



I first noticed in the census that the first child listed was Martha Moore age 13 and that James Moore was age 26. If James Moore was the real father of Martha Moore, then that would mean that James Moore had his first child at 13 years old. I do not believe that James Moore was the father of Martha Moore. I searched the 1850 census, this family is not in it. The 1850 census does not show the three of them living all together with anyone else either. I have come to the conclusion that James Moore was not the real father of Martha Moore. I am very confident in this conclusion.



Stay tuned for more.....

No comments: