Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Search for James Moore (Family History Part 5)

So the Moore family tradition states that the father of Burton Herman Moore (my GG Grandfather), is James Moore (my GGG Grandfather), and that James Moore joined the Tennessee Confederacy. He was born about 1834 in North Carolina. He marched off in 1861 and was never heard from again. The military unit that James Moore served was the TN 60th Mounted Infantry, Company G. Also, his wife Sarah died young. She was worn out from having to raise a family of six children by herself during those bad times of the Civil War. She was considered a hero. At the time that I first heard this story from a family researcher years ago, the maiden name of James Moore's wife Sarah was unknown.

This is all the information that was given to me for my search of James Moore. After hearing this story, here are the questions that I had:

1. Is the family tradition story accurate?
2. Who really was James Moore?
3. Who were James Moore's parents?
4. What was the maiden name of Sarah Moore (James Moore's wife)?
5. When was James Moore married and where?
6. Why did Burton Herman Moore move to Arkansas?
7. What happened to James Moore in the Civil War? Did he die? or Or did he get remarried after the war?

In my next blog post, I will give out the details and let everyone know what I have found out in my own research. If anyone out there has any helpful information please let me know. My email address is msmith302@yahoo.com.

No comments: